Just a little, though.
Just enough that I haven't had anything much to post. Enough so I shrug my shoulders, wonder what's the point? (laundry, cleaning, school, writing...) and go lower my expectations (often in the form of returning to bed).
You know when you have a cupboard that won't quite line up or a leak that's not major enough to call someone to get it fixed? That's the low level of brokenness of my life. The warranty on my sanity maybe just expired.
- I lost two credit cards this week.
- Broke my cell phone.
- Reportedly ruined my daughter's love life (having to do with refusing a not-yet-16 invitation to Jr. Prom)
- Made two back-to-back trips to Costco (40 minutes RT each--I forgot I had lost my credit cards)
- Waited for 30minutes for a friend who didn't show (awkward!)
- Had to give away our tickets for next Wednesday (to go to a fifth grade concert I forgot about on the same night, which I will love attending. But still.)
- Found that my blog posting well was empty (which is just as well since...)
- Have the blahs
- And the weepies
All I know is, if I were a snake, I would want to wriggle out of my skin and start over, clean and new.
But I have a feeling maybe a three day weekend will also do the trick.
(Clap if you believe in the magic of weekends! I do believe in weekends, I do, I do!)
[post script: I wrote this earlier in the week but never posted. Already things are looking up. A nice long weekend with the family does do wonders. Sometimes my moods are like the weather in England: wait a minute and it will change. Hope yours is doing wonders for you too.]