I came across a little pile of 14 cards under a stack of books on the ottoman. Apparently Sam compiled these at some point this summer before he left, just because. It was a delicious little dose of his sense of humor and randomness:
(we really do call his barber Tim the Shrubber. Just a little Monty Python reference, you know.)
The other lists are equally charming and quirky. Oh, we miss that boy...
. . .
In that same spirit (and since I do love a good list as much as the next gal) I'll add a few random things of my own:
- Crates full of CSA veg (mint! corn! cucumbers! potatoes! zucchini! loads of greens!)
- Loads of salads (see above)
- Streaming shows and movies on Amazon prime for FREE (Hasta la vista, Netflix?)
- Dog walks (Louie got skunked so now we walk rather than send him out in back to meet Mrs. Skunk and her five babies again)
- Spotify Joinjoinjoin. It's like Pandora but you can listen to whatever you want + create playlists
- Smores bars. I made these for my sunday school class. Oh, Minerva. They are goooood.
- Air conditioning.
- Long evenings.
Still dreaming to do this summer:
- see the new Harry Potter movie (waiting for Sam to see it with me)
- Refresh my French (it's in there somewhere...)
- Revive calligraphying
- Decide on room reassignments and decorating
- Drive-in movie
- A little getaway with G
- Have an outdoors dinner party
Good reads I'm still thinking about:
- My blogland friend's (although she doesn't know me at all...I just read her blog and imagine we're friends, you know?) young daughter survived a shark attack. Amazing tale.
- Russell Brand's commentary on Amy Winehouse's death was insightful
- Kristen Duke's hints on how to pose in photos: much appreciated
- Anne's commentary on text vs. in person relationships; this is something L and I have talked about a lot, too.