This year our first night was...just right (Goldilocks would be so proud).
Progressive dinner + revelry x 7 families = very happy evening for 32 people
1. dinner at our house (featuring aebleskivers by G)
2. giant round of the game Celebrities
3. travel to H family house, make festive hats
4. ...like this one
5. light sparklers
6. combine festive hat and sparklers (isn't he a good sport?)
7. play more games, then toast the new year with ginger ale
Then, watch movies all night (option 1) or go home to sleep and return for breakfast and games and sledding and, later, chili for lunch (option 2). I'll leave you to guess who chose which option.