Part of the fun of moving across the globe is sampling a whole new music scene. Happily, there is a lot going on here in Australia with a wealth of talented artists that just don't get the exposure in the states--at least not yet or not as much. While we were already fans of some of these before we came here (I'm looking at you, Angus & Julia Stone and The Temper Trap), it's been fun to discover what we've been missing out on.
Here are a few new-to-us Aussie faves that you might like, too (and, yes, for those of you who are Australians, it's probably old news):
Angus & Julia Stone
- brother-sister duo with unique voices and close harmonies
- Big Jet Plane was their big breakout, also used on movie soundtracks and commercials
- try Big Jet Plane, I'm Not Yours, Just a Boy
- blues+jazz singer-songwriter-guitarist (and florist, to raise money for her album)
- charming, eclectic sound
- just won best independent blues & roots album
- try That's What You Get for Falling in Love with a Cowboy, What Do I Do
More to come...